Tuesday 6 April 2010

BSA - Round 1



Team QSW took the 7 1/2 hour journey to Tenby, Wales to compete in the first round of the BSA (British Slalom Association). With over 50 competitors from Pro's to newby 'Masterblasters", everyone had a great time racing downwind courses from 13 knots to 25 knots. Steve had a better time than I as my 490 mast broke thus stopping me using my 9.0mtr sail on Sunday. Monday brought 25 knot wind and hellish chop. I had to give up as my hand were either too cold or I got arm pump wearing gloves. Steve stuck at it and completed 3 rounds of MAD downwind slalom - well done mate!

But the biscuit went to Ant Baker who, after slamming through his 7.0mtr race sail (worth £1000) at 35mph and knocking himself out, he came in on the rescue boat throwing up and proceeded to go back out on his......8.0mtr race sail - yes 8.0mtr. This is bearing in mind I was on a 5.7mtr powered up and Steve was on a 6.0mtr!!

The final results were Guy Cribb 1st, Matt Pearch 2nd, and the big Ant Baker 3rd. Just remember the BSA visit Hunny with us on the 10th-11th July.

Fair play Ant...

No comments: