Thursday 24 June 2010

Aberdovey 19-20th June

Aberdovey Slalom event

Neil and myself did the long drive to Aberdovey this weekend. Only to leave a fantatic windy weekend on our local beach Wells. (I understand that the guys had a 4.7m weekend!)
We had wall to wall sunshine both days but unfortunately we had very little wind apart from late Saturday when from no ware the wind picked up for about 1 hour.

At this time Neil and myself were out to sea on 9m.. thus we both got trashed.
After making the long sail and walk back to van to change down we went out on 6m perfect!!
Neil had a fantastic sail in the estuary, as I went out 2miles to find the start of the racing.
Only to find I had missed the racing as the wind then went from 25mph to 5mph.
I was in the shit, no wind to water start and the 3 to 4 foot swell with a outgoing fast tied did not let me up hall. (Yes I kept falling of).
So I had to flag down one of the UKWA rescue boots to get me back.
Much to Neil’s pleasure, as he is getting me a buoyancy add for my birthday, Thanks!

So no scores for us but we are still OK Neil is 7th and I am 6th in the amateur fleet.
The next event is Hove on the 3-4th July followed by Hunstanton 10-11th July

Stephen.

No comments: